locked Re: Markdown

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 6:13 PM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

Oh, what fun!

Glad you like it!

But it would be way cool if I could use markdown in posts by email. I've always been disappointed that text/html won out over text/enriched; the latter would have spared us so many ills. http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc1896.txt

I have been baffled for quite some time as to why Markdown isn't supported officially in email. I think it's perfectly suited for conversations, certainly much more so than HTML.

I went with adding a 'markup=markdown' parameter, as outlined here:

So, at least Markdown emails sent using MailMate should work. I found no other ideas/suggestions for how to support Markdown in email.

I'm open to suggestions. A special subject hashtag? First line of the message be some sort of special phrase?