moderated Re: what does 'confirmation' accomplish?

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 2:38 AM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

But the other part of my question remains the same. Suppose someone already a groups.io member (I.e., with a groups.io account, I.e., already belongs to at least one group) tries to join a second group, I believe that no confirmation email is sent in that case. Correct?

That is correct.

The only time someone will get a confirmation email *after* they've already confirmed their account is if they change their email address. When you change your email address, we put you back into the not confirmed state and send you a new confirmation email.