moderated Re: what does 'confirmation' accomplish?

In other words: "confirmed" is a function of groups.io membership, not of membership in a particular group. If someone is confirmed, then anyone else can go to the groups.io site and enroll them in any other group, without being that person. I assume that the only check on this is the subscription email the person will then receive, with instructions to unsubscribe if they did not request the membership.

Is that correct? Or do you sent out another confirmation email for that situation?