moderated Re: bug? or bad feature? "Likes" by former members go to error message, should be removable? #suggestion #bug

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

I find the current situation odd, that's for sure..

It is my feeling that the online archive serves as "the historical record" and just because one chooses to leave a group does not and should not result in one's actions while a member of said group being erased upon one's departure.  One's messages do not disappear from the archive if one leaves a group (and I know of no way to force that to happen and would protest it were it to be asked for) and I see no reason for one's "Like" actions to do so, either.

It could be argued either way about access to one's public profile, but I think that should be maintained, too.  What one elects to do online "in public" at the moment of its being done should be expected to remain public in perpetuity.
--
Brian

The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals, which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot co-exist with a serious affection for another.  Everybody knows that this is untrue. . .

    ~Bertrand Russell