locked Re: Markdown

Oh, what fun!

But it would be way cool if I could use markdown in posts by email. I've always been disappointed that text/html won out over text/enriched; the latter would have spared us so many ills. http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc1896.txt

I wish there was a way (and a semantic meaning) to force my email client to send messages with:

It would totally violate the semantics of text/plain, but I'd even wish for an ad-hoc marker I could use to designate my message body as text/markdown. Maybe a marker in the Subject or To field? What else can I control?

-- Shal