moderated Re: Is this a bug? Pseudo-hyperlinked entire first sentences in postings

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 9:22 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

And, as it so happens, I've just encountered an example moments ago:

              https://jfw.groups.io/g/main/message/45735?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,4359191

This example, and I think what Jennifer is experiencing is something that Outlook does, for reasons I do not know. In this particular message, the blue 'link' is an anchor link (i.e. <a name="...">).

Outlook puts so much garbage in their HTML emails. I'm really not sure what to suggest. You could change your group to be plain text only. I'm not sure what, if any, formatting (paragraphs, etc), would be preserved in that case. The new Normalize HTML Emails checkbox wouldn't have any effect in this case, since it's not a font/colors issue.

I could come up with something to strip all the garbage HTML. But that also wouldn't have an effect here, because again, it's an anchor link, and we can't strip those intelligently (I don't think).