moderated Re: Site updates #changelog

David P. Dillard

I just noticed this.

NEW: Strip Juno.com ads from emails.

Does anyone know how Juno adds are getting on messages in the first place, I have never seen one? Just curious.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@temple.edu

"NEW: On the leave group page, add the option to switch to a daily summary instead."
Nice addition ... Yahoo should have done that a long, long time ago.
"NEW: Daily Summary Email Delivery Option"
Ditto.
~~ Stephanie
On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 12:45 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Changes to the site this week:

o INTERNAL: Wrote a utility to regenerate the karl messages queue, which for unknown reasons had grown to 32GB in size.
o NEW: Strip Juno.com ads from emails.
o NEW: On the leave group page, add the option to switch to a daily summary instead.
o BUGFIX: Fixed full digest and summary emails so that they're properly scaled in the Gmail IOS app.
o NEW: Normalize HTML Email group option to strip font changes from messages.
o SYSADMIN: Increased file descriptor limits on some servers because we were running out when sending a lot of email at
once.
o NEW: Daily Summary Email Delivery Option
o BUGFIX: When a moderator was viewing a profile in a subgroup they are not subscribed to (but have mod permissions),
there was a security error.
o INTERNAL: Moved the digest generating functionality to its own queue to fix a database lock issue and increase
scalability.
o INTERNAL: Implemented graceful shutdown when upgrading several internal services.
o INTERNAL: Use the Pagerduty API to communicate issues to Pagerduty instead of email.

Have a good weekend everybody.