locked Re: Markdown

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 2:11 PM, D R Stinson <dano@...> wrote:
Mark -
Something that used to work in Groups that some of our members used were the characters created by holding down ALT and typing the four digit number on the numeric keypad. I'm afraid I don't know what it's called. Back in the days of phototypesetting these were called Pi characters as I recall. Is this in any way related to markdown? An example is ALT+0169 giving a copyright symbol. Being able to use them again would be helpful, but we managed without them.

In a way, yes. Markdown lets you embed HTML characters natively. The copyright symbol is &copy; . See here for more examples:

Of course, there's also emoji, which we don't yet support, but one day will.