moderated Re: Digests tweak

Hi All,

For now, I've changed it so that a digest will not be forced at 10pm pacific time if a digest has been sent out within the previous 6 hours. We'll see how that goes; I can always tweak it.

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 6:33 PM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
Mark,

> I am proposing changing the algorithm that forces a digest. My
> proposal is that at 10pm pacific, if there are pending digest
> messages *AND* the person has not received a digest in the last 12
> hours, to generate a digest.

This suggests to me another way of looking at Digests. Maybe instead of a time of day, you can trigger them by a maximum age for the oldest message in the digest when the max count/size hasn't been reached.

The extra bit of complexity might be offset by smoothing out the delivery burden (on the average - you'd still see the occasional rogue wave).

Shal
https://groups.io/g/Group_Help
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum