From: beta@groups.io [mailto:beta@groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Hudson
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 12:13 PM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Event: Site maintenance, Thursday, 2 February 2017 #downtime #cal-invite

I agree, and if it doesn't satisfy dust fuzzy group owners then oh well. You can't find a much better site to run your group on other than this one. Especially with everything being very accessible, and plus having a guru to discuss things with the developer/owner of the site. I don't think anybody besides Mark Fletcher, could do anything like this. He definitely has a lot of patience.

On Feb 1, 2017, at 2:01 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 11:47 am, Joseph Hudson wrote:

a message that went out to each individual subscriber when they attempted to try to post to the group.  [My addition: while the outage was in effect]

Which is a perfectly reasonable, preferable I'd say, alternative to a broadcast message.  That way no one but someone who might be directly affected/confused by a previously unexplained outage would have the information about what's going on.  This is directly parallel to the "dead in the water page with the Groups.io kitten(s)" that I get when the site is down for whatever reason when you try to access the web interface.

This should satisfy fussy group owners, too.
--
Brian

You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.

    ~ Anne Lamott