moderated Re: Event: Site maintenance, Thursday, 2 February 2017 #downtime #cal-invite

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 11:47 am, Joseph Hudson wrote:
a message that went out to each individual subscriber when they attempted to try to post to the group.  [My addition: while the outage was in effect]

Which is a perfectly reasonable, preferable I'd say, alternative to a broadcast message.  That way no one but someone who might be directly affected/confused by a previously unexplained outage would have the information about what's going on.  This is directly parallel to the "dead in the water page with the Groups.io kitten(s)" that I get when the site is down for whatever reason when you try to access the web interface.

This should satisfy fussy group owners, too.
--
Brian

You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.

    ~ Anne Lamott