moderated Re: Event: Site maintenance, Thursday, 2 February 2017 #downtime #cal-invite

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hello, what is Lee had a message that went out to each individual subscriber when they attempted to try to post to the group. Town like something that they would get, if they were trying to send a message to a moderate a group they get a notice that there messages being held for approval but instead this will be a message stating that that Group site is down for scheduled maintenance. Just a thoughtful suggestion.

On Feb 1, 2017, at 1:31 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 11:24 am, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I can fairly confidently state that if I were to send a message unilaterally to all groups, I would have a mutiny on my hands.

Good heavens, people are fussy then, aren't they?!

There are several systems I use that routinely send me e-mail messages about planned outages, and that's the reason I suggested it.  They might come twice or three timed per year.  Unless I'm missing something those who interact via e-mail only will be left completely in the dark about this, which I don't think is good at all.

However, not my call.
--
Brian

You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.

    ~ Anne Lamott