moderated Re: Event: Site maintenance, Thursday, 2 February 2017 #downtime #cal-invite

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Mark,

         I appreciate entirely that what you offered is not a criticism.   I hope then, when complaints come in (and they probably will) that you explain it as you have here.

         I cannot, for the life of me, ever imagine not wanting to make my group members aware of a site-wide outage of several hours when it's planned in advance and is for necessary maintenance.  In fact, I'd expect an announcement of that nature as it's vital information for users to have.  Clearly certain group owners differ.

         Chacun à son goût, and let the chips fall where they may!

--
Brian

You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.

    ~ Anne Lamott