moderated Re: Event: Site maintenance, Thursday, 2 February 2017 #downtime #cal-invite

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 11:24 am, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I can fairly confidently state that if I were to send a message unilaterally to all groups, I would have a mutiny on my hands.

Good heavens, people are fussy then, aren't they?!

There are several systems I use that routinely send me e-mail messages about planned outages, and that's the reason I suggested it.  They might come twice or three timed per year.  Unless I'm missing something those who interact via e-mail only will be left completely in the dark about this, which I don't think is good at all.

However, not my call.
--
Brian

You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.

    ~ Anne Lamott