moderated Re: Event: Site maintenance, Thursday, 2 February 2017 #downtime #cal-invite

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 10:28 am, Shal Farley wrote:
I wouldn't want that posted as a message in my groups, as a group owner I'd find that intrusive.

I can't and won't argue with anyone's personal preferences, they are what they are.

That being said, there are users from all over the world who use Groups.io, and a number of them could very well be quite active during the scheduled maintenance time.  While the e-mail messages will be queued up, it could be very confusing to have stuff seemingly MIA for several hours without warning.  Intrusive is precisely what I'd be looking for as a user can read, or delete, an e-mail message at will or skip any entry on the web interface.  When it comes to scheduled outages I prefer overkill in notification to individual users rather than subtlety.
--
Brian

You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.

    ~ Anne Lamott