moderated Re: little idea about offlist messages

Ok.:-)
p.s. Yes, seriously, I do!

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

J,

       Seriously, you use "This is an offlist message" or "The following is a private message" as the Subject line?

       The original proposal dealt only with subject line filtering, not message body filtering.  I would not support message body filtering because the words offlist or private can be used in public message bodies just like this one.  I wouldn't even support filtering for those if they were the subject line because "sliding checks" are not only much more complicated but also way more difficult to make a "fuzzy prediction" for.   If I were posting a discussion about offlist messages I would likely make the subject, "About Offlist Messages," which I definitely would never instantly interpret as having the intent of actually being an offlist message.

        I am speaking only about Subject line and only if the "trigger word" is the first word in the subject itself.
--
Brian

I have made mistakes, but have never made the mistake of claiming I never made one.

          ~  James G. Bennet