moderated Re: when topic is closed, remove "moderated" status #suggestion

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 10:30 am, Duane wrote:
I don't see a dilemma. If it was originally moderated after X days, I'd think you'd still want it moderated if it were reopened/unlocked. I'd think removing the moderation would be the exception rather than the rule.

The dilemma I see is probably because my concept of automatic moderation is sort of as a first step in winding down a topic, prior to it being automatically closed. Both automatic events occur simply because of the time element, not because there is necessarily anything about the topic requiring moderation. So if you want to reopen one of these topics, I don't think it should take two steps. I find that unintuitive. And with the moderated status remaining in place after the topic is closed (so that both are actually there, even if the gavel does not show up), it would take two steps.

I see this as very different from a topic that is put on moderation by hand. In that case, there's something inherent about the topic that made you want to moderate it. So if you close it and then reopen it, it makes sense for the moderated status to stay there until you remove that, by hand, too.