moderated funkiness with messages view vs. topics view

Has anyone else noticed that topics view seems to keep coming up more often, despite whatever view you were in before? I've reported this to support but I now wonder whether this is something new and intentional. Or possibly there's something awry with my browser? I am constantly seeing topics view come up and having to toggle back to messages view, like, many many times a day. Is it just me?