locked Re: Suggestion for files settings - testing calendar feature for reminder notices (possible bug?) #bug

I set up some calendar events with reminders. My first reminder came through this morning. I don't know if there's a limit to number of lines or characters allowed in the description box, but here's how my first test came through.

I tried one test with "All day" checked instead of a specific time. It appears the reminder didn't come through with that test, so that could be a bug. I'll try it again to see if I can get the bug to repeat.

This one is set for 10 am for one hour with a 5 minute reminder. Reminder notice is below.

So if you're looking for a way to have files repeat, but they aren't necessarily tied to when you join, are pending, or leave/banned, then the calendar seems to be a pretty flexible way to do that. It allows for more flexibility in repeat timing/frequency than Yahoogroups does.

Trish

"Calendar Test set to repeat daily with an alert 5 minutes before. Scheduled time is 10 am" Reminder

When:Monday, 26 January 2015
10:00am to 11:00am
(GMT-05:00) America/New York
Where:Location field
  1. Test set to repeat daily with an alert 5 minutes before. Scheduled time is 10 am
  2. Does all of this text come through?
  3. Does all of this text come through?
  4. Does all of this text come through?
  5. Does all of this text come through?
  6. Does all of this text come through?
  7. Does all of this text come through?
  8. Does all of this text come through?
  9. Does all of this text come through?
  10. Does all of this text come through?
  11. Does all of this text come through?
  12. Does all of this text come through?
  13. Does all of this text come through?
  14. Does all of this text come through?
  15. Does all of this text come through?
  16. Does all of this text come through?
  17. Does all of this text come through?
  18. Does all of this text come through?
  19. Does all of this text come through?
  20. Does all of this text come through?
  21. Does all of this text come through?

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 7:12 AM, pnrfan@... <pnrfan@...> wrote:
I'm going to play around with the calendar feature for this and see if it can meet my groups' needs.

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 2:40 AM, christopher hallsworth <challsworth2@...> wrote:
Oh yes please. I have uploaded welcome messages to my lists which contain some guidelines. Currently, members have to view it on the website. Thanks, any updates greatly appreciated.

On 24 Jan 2015, at 23:39, pnrfan@... wrote:

I don't know if this has been mentioned by anyone yet, but it would be a useful feature for my groups.

When uploading files, I'd like to have the ability to have that file be sent to to the group members automatically periodically. For example, once a week, once a month, once a year, or on a certain date.

I'd also like an option to send it to them when they join the group for something other than the generic groups.io welcome message. I have several different files that go out to new members.

Thanks
Trish