moderated Re: How on earth does Groups.io thread a topic?

Hi All,

I've just changed the threading algorithm. Here it is:

If a message has threading information, use that. (same as before)
If a message does not have threading information:
- If it's a web post, assume it's the start of a new thread
- If the subject starts with Re:, look for a matching subject within the last 30 days
- If the subject does not start with Re:, look for a matching subject within the last 2 days

Please let me know if it helps.

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 9:56 AM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

Suddenly, today, the member's posts are threading correctly, even without "Re:"

The message activity log shows that he (and others) "Sent message Lysine" (instead of "Sent message Re: Lysine"). Yesterday, such posts were creating their own threads instead of threading under "Lysine." Today they are threading correctly.

I will try to get a better grip on this today and summarize it at the end of the day for Mark via support (and cc Shal). I'll also include whatever message headers seem relevant.