locked Re: The case for social logins

Social logins as an option maybe, but I wouldn't want it as a required way to log in. A lot of my members aren't on google+ or facebook and have no plans to be.

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Chris Leong <walkraft@...> wrote:

I believe that social logins (ie. login via Google or Facebook) are some of the most important features that this site could have.

  1. Social logins are convenient for users who forgot their password.
  2. Many people use a password manager. If they aren't at their computer, then they can't log into Groups.io.
  3. Social logins reduce the friction in signing up for a site.
  4. Groups.io bills itself as a "modern" alternative to Yahoo/Google groups. Social logins would help create this branding and hence increase the sign up rate.