moderated Re: Font Size variation in body of posts / digests - thoughts? #suggestion

Hi All,

Personally, I agree with Maria. I am distracted when messages contain different font sizes or colors. That's one of the reasons I thought MySpace was horrible, and why I agree with many of the design decisions that Facebook made. If you look at some of the popular forums out there, like Discourse and Reddit, they don't permit different font types, sizes and colors.

This has been in the back of my mind for awhile. I'd like to add an optional, but defaulted to on, feature to strip different font sizes, types and colors from messages. Perhaps I need to make this more of a priority.

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 6:12 PM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
Maria,

> I'd be curious to know how forums that use discourse do it (like the
> feverbee community). Their web interface is all the same font size
> and their mailing list summaries too. It's HTML though not plain
> text. Graphics, emojis etc all visually represented. I think at
> least...

A forum might have limited composition tools, and might or might not represent the messages in HTML internally (though they must be converted to HTML for display in a browser or via email).

Groups tend to be fundamentally different in that posting by email is common - and the email user interfaces usually give the users fairly broad (if not complete) control of the sent HTML.

I could see where a group that posts entirely (or primarily) on the Groups.io interface might want an selection in between plain text and general HTML - one that removes the font, size and color choices but still allows text styles (italic, bold) and other elements.

Shal
https://groups.io/g/Group_Help
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum