locked Re: Suggestion for files settings

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 9:53 PM, J. Faulkner <jfaulkner44@...> wrote:

Thanks Trish.  I don’t have  a group set up so I can’t check it out.  If it does what I mentioned below, then I’m happy.

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

From: pnrfan@... [mailto:pnrfan@...]
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2015 9:16 PM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Re: Suggestion for files settings

Judy,

What you need is in Settings > Member Notices.

Trish

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 9:11 PM, J. Faulkner <jfaulkner44@...> wrote:

Duane, if it doesn't also provide a way to send an automatic message to a specific email address, when they are pended, actually join, leave group, denied, etc. that doesn't help those of us that use that feature in Yahoo Groups quite extensively.  Example:  When someone joins the selling group, they are pended and an email is automatically, sent asking for required information and ask that it be returned within a certain amount of time.  If we get it within that time and all of the information is there, I then approve them.  If I don't get it in that amount of time, I deny the request to join.

I really don't see how the calendar can do this type thing, since it isn't a recurring event and is directed to a specific email address for a specific reason.  The others are for information purposes only.

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA