moderated Re: How on earth does Groups.io thread a topic?

I agree that it's a two-way street. If someone is making the effort to read posts and contribute to the conversation, then it makes sense that their opinions would be considered.

The converse is also true. As in any relationship, if somebody has no time for me, if they disappear from my life, paying no attention to me for months on end, why I should I jump at their command when they suddenly show up again, telling me they were just too busy? That would disrupt my life, and I would not do it. (Not any more, anyway. Been there, done that.;)

I think it's very similar here.