Changes to the site this week (includes some changes made over the holidays):
- BUGFIX: In the My Groups view, when clicking on a group, go to your last message view; same behavior as the sidebar.
- BUGFIX: Fixed the hashtags view on mobile so that it doesn't require horizontal scrolling.
- BUGFIX: When adding a Facebook page integration, if the URL was empty, we'd crash.
- INTERNAL: Some messages, generally bounce messages, have blank lines that contain just whitespace. This trips up our header line unfolding. Researched the problem and added some code to make our Content-Type parsing more robust.
- INTERNAL: Several changes to the Yahoo scraping code used for group transfers, to work around Yahoo errors.
- BUGFIX: Jump to a month in the archives was not working correctly.
- CHANGE: Added rel="nofollow" to all links to viewing messages via hashtags. Reduce search engine crawler load on the system and those pages shouldn't be indexed anyways.
- BUGFIX: In Messages view, in some cases the message snippet wasn't properly escaped.
- INTERNAL: Parallelize SendMessage in karld to avoid queue worker starvation when the large queue fills up with slow messages.
- INTERNAL: Added a database index to speed up activity displays.
- BUGFIX: Fixed View/Reply Online html footer link.
- SYSADMIN: Changed security rules that were wrongly firewalling some people after accessing files.
- CHANGE: Force downloading of Files instead of displaying them in the browser, to fix potential XSS issue.
- CHANGE: Fabulous footer formatting fixes
- MISC: Ability to import photos, files, databases, links from Yahoo Groups.
- INTERNAL: Caching message and thread counts on group records to avoid expensive counting on the database.
- INTERNAL: Subscription database locking changes.
- BUGFIX: Profile photos in /thread view could be missing for subgroups.
Have a good weekend everybody.