moderated Re: How on earth does Groups.io thread a topic?

(and now my signature is back, BTW) I agree with Brian on this. My group, for example, requires everyone starting a thread to include their cat's name, and not just "new member" or "new to the group" or other generic title. You see these in yahoo, and in "see all messages in the thread" you get messages from 10+ years ago. I attribute the fault to the writers of the threads.