moderated Re: How on earth does Groups.io thread a topic?

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 09:48 am, Mark Fletcher wrote:
We only look for matching subjects when the incoming message subject starts with 'Re:'.

Mark,

I looked back through the log to find all the recent threads I'd had to merge (because they were actually the same but had not threaded), and I can see no "Re:" in the titles according to the log. However, I'm pretty sure the "Re's" were there in the actual messages.