moderated Re: How on earth does Groups.io thread a topic?

This happens in my group, with the one user at least (there may still be others, although fewer now then before for sure), with messages posted even within minutes of each. If I didn't go in and merge them together immediately, the threads would proliferate even further.

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 3:16 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

Well, this is insanity making on several of the groups I read regularly.  It happens with far more than a single user and, in fact, the first topic I made reference to in my initial query is now 4 separate threads.  There is no logical reason for this, as it should be simple to use subject/title and time frame of posts in some coherent way to prevent this.  This isn't rocket science, and anything with the same subject/title in an e-mail message posted within, say, 24 hours of the last thing posted with exactly that same subject/title is virtually certain to be a part of an ongoing topic.