moderated Re: How on earth does Groups.io thread a topic?

There are anomalies for sure. I think this has come up in the past and it has something to with headers, and in some cases, it's just impossible to get it right. In my group, there is one member whose posts always start a new topic, even when she doesn't do anything to change the thread title (she always posts via email, but so do many other members who don't create this problem). I am always having to go in and merge thread "my cat won't eat" with thread "my cat won't eat." Same exact titles. Every single post of this one member's starts a new thread.

This used to happen with more members than just the one, and Mark fixed some of them. Every time, he gets closer. It's like Achilles and the tortoise...