From: beta@groups.io <beta@groups.io> on behalf of J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...>
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 7:15 AM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] remove duplicated photos due to top posting #suggestion

It creates a patchwork of blank spaces and does not actually show the 'n' most recently posted photos as it's supposed to. So I personally would not consider this behavior acceptable. Not sure how Mark will prioritize it. Since it's a home page issue and is pretty much 'in your face,' I would give both a high-ish priority: (1) not leaving blank spaces when photos are removed, and (2) not creating the duplicates in the first place, by removing the top-posted duplicates. Both make the home page ugly IMO. The second would pretty much solve both problems, since removing a lot of photos is probably rarely done except in the case of the duplicates.
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 27, 2016, at 6:53 AM, atinalee@... via Groups.Io <atinalee@...> wrote:

I just found where you are talking about. I found out if you delete it from the email folder it disappears on the home page.

So I did that and only have photos that I don't mind appearing.

Anita

Date: 12/27/2016 5:12:35 AM

My group's home page is now brimming with photo duplicates, because whenever one person sends a photo by email, anybody who responds to it includes the same photo in their message. Even if the photo "text" is recognized by the system as part of a top post, and the photo is therefore subsumed in ellipses within the actual displayed message, the photo is not removed from that section on the home page. It keeps appearing, again and again. And again. And just when you think it's stopped, again...

This clutters up the home page. It also takes space, interest, and exposure away from other, legitimately and recently posted photos, And it counts towards the storage used. (This is not a problem in my group yet, but at some point could necessitate the removal of the entire messages.) Furthermore, simply deleting the photos from the "posted photos" page creates unsightly blank gaps on the home page's "recently posted photos" section. Removing them does not restore space to the other photos.

It would be great, if possible, for photos that are the result of an email top-post to be removed.