From: J_Catlady
Date: 12/27/2016 5:12:35 AM
Subject: [beta] remove duplicated photos due to top posting #suggestion

My group's home page is now brimming with photo duplicates, because whenever one person sends a photo by email, anybody who responds to it includes the same photo in their message. Even if the photo "text" is recognized by the system as part of a top post, and the photo is therefore subsumed in ellipses within the actual displayed message, the photo is not removed from that section on the home page. It keeps appearing, again and again. And again. And just when you think it's stopped, again...

This clutters up the home page. It also takes space, interest, and exposure away from other, legitimately and recently posted photos, And it counts towards the storage used. (This is not a problem in my group yet, but at some point could necessitate the removal of the entire messages.) Furthermore, simply deleting the photos from the "posted photos" page creates unsightly blank gaps on the home page's "recently posted photos" section. Removing them does not restore space to the other photos.

It would be great, if possible, for photos that are the result of an email top-post to be removed.