moderated Re: Footer placement

Maria

On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 06:53 pm, Shal Farley wrote:
I like Maria's idea of separating the message-related links from the more system-related ones. With the current set of links I would propose putting the group footer in between "New Topic" and "Change Your Subscription".

I like that idea too ;)

And if there is any way in individual emails in groups that force HTML for the message related links to be placed horizontally as they are in the digest, that would help further in that it wouldn't create a vertically distant separation from the footer.

We do include links in our footers so as to keep them shorter - but they link to pages we've set up on a secondary site that are publicly viewable. That said - as mentioned, even a 2 sentence footer on a small mobile screen can bury the message related links way too much and can end up affecting participation.

Maria