moderated Re: Footer placement

I think exactly the opposite. The links look like the end/bottom of the message, and very few people who don't actually intend to use them will read past them to what is often important fine print about the forum that should be easily viewable in every message.

My two cents as well.

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 4:02 PM, HR Tech via Groups.Io <m.conway11@...> wrote:
On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 09:37 am, J_Catlady wrote:
I disagree that the group message should be limited to the welcome message or other one-time announcement, especially if it constitutes a legal caveat or privacy warning.

I wasn't suggesting that groups not have important messages in their footer. I was suggesting additional measures that one can take to ensure that newbies see / read anything that is important - given the fact that gmail truncates things beyond a certain length ( long digests) and makes you click on them to view in full on desktop.

As for the digest - i think it's perfect as is. I wouldn't change a thing. That was my point. It works well there to have message, action links, then footer. Not sure why same logic can't apply to individual emails.

My main issue is that action links should be near the message you plan to act on (as Y! and others do it), and not buried under a footer. Even more so for newbies who may think the footer is the end of the message (as it would be say in a regular email with a legal disclaimer and as it is in the digest) and may not see the useful links that come with each individual email - especially on mobile.

My 2 cents.