moderated Being blocked form all groups.io incoming emial

Marlin47

Yesterday afternoon, right at about 4:00 PM Central time, I stopped receiving any email from any groups.io group.

I checked one group on the Groups.io web site and found that there were several messages that I had not received.

I then checked my membership on that group (I am the group owner) and I found that my email address was bouncing.

I checked that at about 6:00 yesterday evening, I had already missed something like 30 messages.

In the meantime, I was receiving messages from some Yahoo groups and some privately sent messages, so, I knew my email was working

I checked the web site of my internet service provider to see it the messages were there, they were not.

So, I phoned my ISP (Mediacom) and finally got through to a real, live person, who told me that they were not blocking anything, that the problem must be some "third party" somewhere before the messages get to Mediacom.

By then, it was late, I went to bed.

This morning, still the same problem.

Again, I phoned Mediacom, they told me that they never block incoming email unless their "Spam Detectors" recognize the incoming messages are a threat, and then they only do it one message at a time.

The gentleman said that he would write up a ticket and forward it to the "Tier 2" people, whoever they are.

He said someone would call me back in 24 to 48 hours.

If this kind of problem has been discussed here before, I guess I must have missed it.

All of my other email is coming through just fine, I am using Thunderbird, which the tech at Mediacom told me could be the problem (Ha).

And, he suggested I unplug my modem and router for 5 minutes.

Why do I think I got ahold of the wrong person there?

Ok, so has this happened to anyone else, if so, what did you do to get it corrected?

Marlin