locked Re: The Biggest Deal Breaker -- Database #suggestion

David P. Dillard

I certainly agree that it makes lots of sense to keep the database feature seperate from the Wiki feature and to make the database tool like what folks are used to on Yahoo Groups of old with improvements seen to make it better.

However one need not fear using the Wiki feature on Groups IO as it works just like Wordpress and Google Sites, both of which I find very easy to use for simple text and linked documents.

One can easily build content on a Word document or its equivalent and simply paste this preformated content including hyperlinked text and color from the Word document or other source right into the Wiki and it works just fine.

Here is a link to the page I just created:

https://groups.io/org/groupsio/Net-Gold/ wiki/Articles-Published-by-David-Dillard

OR

http://tinyurl.com/mo99vzl

Warning, I use content pages like this Wiki to share information, not to create artistic and beautifully designed websites. Others will need to teach these skills if they are applicable to this Wiki.

Furthermore, there is only one WAVE accessibility error for the documment I created, which is excellent. WAVE seems to want a title above the black bar and in checking on edit I could not find a way to put a title there.
If anyone knows how to do this, I am all eyes (this being a print rather than audio media).

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@temple.edu

On Sun, 25 Jan 2015, pnrfan@gmail.com wrote:

Add me in as a second vote for a database.
On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 2:40 AM, Feathered Leader <featheredleader@att.net> wrote:

Judy,

You can put tables and things in a wiki, but if you don't understand how to use it, like I don't, it's not as easy to
use.

Polls are on the TO DO list. Mark just hasn't decided I guess, on whether we can have a database instead of a wiki,
or both. But I'll count you as the first vote for the database feature.

Now lets gather a lot more! Your post is a perfect example of what I'm looking for. Tell Mark in here what you use
the database for, and hopefully if we get enough votes or people to tell him we want it here, maybe he'll make it for
us. :)

Brenda