moderated make autolock and automoderate not act again on topics specifically unlocked/unmoderated #suggestion

Last night I unlocked and unmoderated an autolocked/automoderated topic, and found that this morning, it had been autolocked and automoderated again. I think the mechanism goes in every 24 hours and acts on any topics older than the specified dates. But perhaps if the moderator unlocks and/or unmoderates it, it should stay that way. In my group's case, I unlocked the topic for a specific reason and wanted people to be able to post to it again. Unfortunately, they were not able to, and I found that out only much later. Can this feasibly be changed, or should it?