locked Re: Wishlist: Being able to "escape" e-mail addresses in posts so they show

Maria

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 07:44 pm, Nightowl >8# wrote:
Yes, that was soundly rejected, I want my e-mail address fig-leafed at all times whenever it's shown on the web.

Brenda

I think this topic relates to how email addresses are shown in the body of an email. So like if I recommend a vet and want to share the vet's contact info with someone who asked for a recommendation for a vet, the group owner could set a group option to display that email address in full on the message archive instead of fig-leafing it. I don't think this would apply to the email addresses of people who are posting or if a post was quoted in a reply, just if an e-mail address is included in the body of the post.

Maria