locked Re: [owlperch] To Duane, Matthew, Shal & Tyger

Brenda,

Can you explain to me, how Shal was able to reply to my message in a
different group when my message was not in the Beta group?
That part's sort-of easy. I replied by email, not on the web (in particular, not from the beta group).

Technically, I could easily have cross-posted my reply to beta by including its address, along with owlperch's, in the To, CC, or BCC of the outgoing reply. The hard part about that, to me, is that I'm pretty sure that only owlperch's address was in my outgoing reply.

So I'm still mystified about how my reply ended up in Beta. Mark says his system received the message twice, once addressed to beta and once to owlperch. That would be consistent with me cross-posting the reply. I just don't know how I did that, if I did that, or what other thing could have caused it.

-- Shal