locked Re: New Subscription Options

Shal,

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 5:50 PM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

I think the concept of distinct exclude and include modes of operation is an unnecessary conceptual complication. And I still think that "Auto Follow Replies" usefully applies also to web-only readers (and hence doesn't belong in a Message Selection option, which I claim ought to be only for email).

Trying to wrap my head around things. Let me see if I have it correct: So, if in Message Selection, I have All Messages checked, you think that I should also be able to check Auto Follow Replies. The reasons being: if I've muted a hashtag, I'll still want to see any threads with that hashtag that I've replied in. Also, it's a way to quickly see on the web which threads I've participated in, by just looking at the Followed Threads tab. Is that correct?

I've updated https://groups.io/static/newsubpage , breaking out auto follow replies into it's own thing, and made the whole Message Selection area a collapsed advanced options area. Let me know what you think.