locked Re: Proposal: All groups must be moderated or new user moderated

Mike Fay <mikefay8888@...>

Another opinion- from the owner of a group that is private and restricted. First our group/subgroups are not listed in the directory.
Second, membership is only by invitation or direct add- or if someone does somehow come across the group and try to join then they require approval.
We are a travel group, and nobody is admitted / invited unless they have been verified as being part of an upcoming trip associated with the group.
    So for a group like ours, moderating all messages or even messages from new members would be extremely counterproductive. We want members to jump
right in and start communicating and spontaneously started threads with quick repsonses from a variety of members is what our groups are all about.
No required moderation, please !

Mike Fay