locked Re: Proposal: All groups must be moderated or new user moderated

Linda

Hi Mark, you wrote: "How about I modify the proposal: All (parent) groups must either be restricted or set to moderated or NuM (or some combination thereof). In each case there's at least one approval step before a member can post."

I think this is the best idea, since one-size does not fit all. My groups both have open membership but all messages are moderated. Spam does not get through, period.

Brian's idea of "New Member Introductions" would not work at all in my health support group, where most folks prefer to anonymously lurk and learn until they feel comfortable enough to post, if ever.

I'm not even sure the members of my travel discussion group would be happy about having to introduce themselves before posting. It's like having to present your passport just to talk about travel. ;-)

Linda