locked Re: Proposal: All groups must be moderated or new user moderated

David P. Dillard

My praise for a very creative possible solution (if others approve) to this problem. This sounds like a great idea.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@temple.edu

On Wed, 5 Oct 2016, Brian Vogel wrote:

I got alerted to this by Joseph Lee, so thought I'd briefly jump back in on beta.
On another forum I participate on we had issues with spam that kept getting worse and worse.  The
forum as a whole is unmoderated and the desire was to keep it that way.  What was done there was that
a "New Member Introductions" group was created (and I'd suppose the same in the form of subgroup
could be used) and new members must post there before posting privileges are opened for any other
venue.  This drove spam to as close to zero as I've seen it, and very quickly, since most spam
attacks are machine-driven, not done by human hands.
Something akin to that could be implemented here.
--
Brian