locked Re: Proposal: All groups must be moderated or new user moderated

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hi Jonathan, as our group is slowly building up traffic, I weighed hate to have to do this. As I run multiple different groups on multiple platforms myself./I would also like to keep everything easier for my other owner/moderators. As to them are in school. And our group, is very smoothly ran. We may not get many postings, but would like the Group to stay Open as far is inside and membership goes. So pretty much, once we have let you in the door we are trusting dad these users will keep a very close eye on their email accounts and let us know, if something does happen dinner we will take action.

On Oct 5, 2016, at 12:52 PM, toki <toki.kantoor@...> wrote:

On 05/10/2016 17:26, Joseph Hudson wrote:

Hi Mark, I say instead of moderating all groups, just make it to where all groups require subscription approval from an owner/moderator.

For some types of lists, such as those for PR purposes, requiring
subscription approval can be counter-productive.

Easier on people who have lots of traffic coming to their groups and
so they don't have to sit here constantly approving messages

That is why you put users you trust on unmoderated status. Or simply
default to moderation for new users only.

jonathon