locked Re: Proposal: All groups must be moderated or new user moderated

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hi Mark, I say instead of moderating all groups, just make it to where all groups require subscription approval from an owner/moderator. This will make it easier on people who have lots of traffic coming to their groups and so they don't have to sit here constantly approving messages from each individual member.

On Oct 4, 2016, at 10:51 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

One of the things I'm seeing with the spammer is that they'll subscribe to an existing group and post their spam. If a group is moderated or has NuM set, the group members never see the spam and it's not a problem (and no incentive for the spammer to continue). But for open groups, it's not a good experience for anyone involved. So I propose to make it so that all groups must be either moderated or have new users be moderated.  I have not yet thought through whether this should apply to sub-groups as well. But I wanted to get everyone's take on this proposal first. Is there a good reason to allow open groups at all?