locked Re: Temporarily disabled group creation

Good idea, never thought of that one.

On 28 Sep 2016, at 22:35, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

Group creation has been turned back on. Now, when a (listed) group is created, it won't actually appear in the directory or search until I approve it. This is mentioned on the page displayed after the group is created. Also, when a group's name or description is changed, I'm notified as well. In those instances, the changes are made instantly to the directory and search, like before. But since I'm notified, I can retroactively delete the group if it was a spam group in hiding, so to speak.

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 1:04 PM, HR Tech via Groups.io <m.conway11=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
This is likely a bad idea but I'll share anyway. What about a credit card transaction like other sites use to verify identity? Does nextdoor do that? Or paypal when you set up an account and link it to a bank account? Do they take $1 and then reimburse it...? It's been a while since i needed to set one up.

Not ideal, and no idea if it would help.

Maria