locked Re: Temporarily disabled group creation

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Oh no Mark, this is not good. I agree. Definitely needs to be a system to approve groups before they're made available to the public. I will go ahead and do the same for subgroups just in case an owner or a moderator of another group, decides to start making spam subgroups on top of the parent group just to be on the safe side.

On Sep 28, 2016, at 11:51 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I just temporarily disabled new group creation (you can still create subgroups). I did this because there's at least one persistent spammer creating new spam groups faster than I can delete them. You can look at the newest groups list right now to see a bit of the cesspool.

I need to clean out all the spam groups and put in place a system to prevent new ones. I'm thinking something like I need to approve a group before it appears in the search directory. Other suggestions are appreciated.