locked Re: make notification settings dependent on permissions #suggestion #bug

I think (but haven't checked) that the scope of the issue is beyond just the owner setting a moderator up that way (because why would they?) I think that any moderator can set their notifications to whatever subset they want of the full set of notifications, regardless of their permissions - which seems wrong.

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 10:41 AM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

I've noticed that it's possible for me, as owner, to set up a moderator to get - and this is just one example - notifications for pending members, but not permission to approve pending members. Same thing for messages. That means, they will get "approval needed" notices and be unable to grant the approvals.

I think the issue of allowing notifications dependent on permission settings needs to be thought through in general and redesigned to some extent.