locked Re: [owlperch] To Duane, Matthew, Shal & Tyger

Brenda, Mark,

Shal...how did you get this post into Beta?
Darn good question.

I replied to your post, sending it to owlperch only I thought. But I received it back from both owlperch and beta. As apparently did you, and unfortunately you replied to the copy from beta. I'm leaving this reply in beta, as explanation and apology to the members of beta.

I can only imagine that somehow I got beta into the bcc field without noticing. But that idea is contradicted by my sent message - it has nothing in the bcc field.

This might be related to a couple of bounces I got earlier in the evening, complaining of a duplicate message:

beta@groups.io (reading confirmation): 500 Error: Duplicate message.
Arrival-Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 06:49:37 +0000
Reporting-MTA: dns; cdptpa-oedge01

Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 06:49:37 +0000
Remote-MTA: dns; web01.groups.io
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 500 Error: Duplicate message.
Final-Recipient: rfc822; beta@groups.io
Action: failed
Yet each of the two messages posted correctly (once) to beta.

I don't know if this happened at my outbound email service, or at Mark's inbound, or elsewise, but to everyone in both lists, I apologize for the confusion.

Time for bed I think.

-- Shal