locked Re: Profiles

Hi John,

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 5:50 PM, JohnF via Groups.io <johnf1686@...> wrote:

Have one main Groups.io profile, including the privacy option, that applies to all groups and subgroups.  If someone wants to be public in all groups, or private in all groups, that can easily be set.  You don't need a "viewable by group members and parent group members" option.

For each group and subgroup, default to the main profile, but allow an override for that group/subgroup only.  Every field, including the privacy field, can be overridden.  Subgroup profiles default to the group profile, unless they are overridden.  (Imagine inheritance in object-oriented programming, except without the ability to add more profile fields.)

If I'm understanding you correctly, this is exactly the scenario I outlined. :-) I do think you explain it better.