locked Re: Special Handling of Image Attachments

LAurence,

Unless the picture is extracted from a web site somewhere, it will
still have to be attached to the email.
There's a third possibility, the image might be encoded inside the HTML message body itself. See the data: scheme in the background info I posted on GMF:
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/message/756

As I understand it (which could be wrong), an "inline" image needs to be
in an HTML message because it depends on HTML code to decode it and put
it in the right place.
Correct. In a plain-text message an image can only be conveyed as a file attachment.

(And in some cases text readers won't show it at all because the message
headers are such that the email client doesn't realise the attachment is
there.)
An email user interface that works only in plain text, or one that is set to display plain text, indeed may not see an inline image at all.

Shal
https://groups.io/g/Group_Help
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum